Permanent link to: Gaza: We Are With You poster. Please share.
Today, more children dead, many more! More mothers dead, many more! More fathers dead, many more!
I apologize in advance for this bulky post. Items in red need to be made more public immediately. I will not even waste space here to tell you how this is all a crime against humanity of historic proportions! Next, I send you a UN source you can use for your media and organizing. The rest is solid material.
Note two issues that MUST BE RAISED LOUDLY:
1. Still, no foreign media has been allowed into Gaza. 12 days and the world is yet to see inside Gaza in a real way. Genocide is being hidden, covered up. All must demand media have access NOW. By the way, next to all those correspondents that are reporting on the Israeli side of the northern Gaza border, are fanatic Israeli settlers, many of those same ones that were living in settlements inside the Gaza Strip before 2005. They gather daily to dance and cheer on the IDF everytime a F-16 bomb explodes on Palestinians. Why are we not seeing pictures of these Israelis dancing and celebrating war!? REMEMBER, every single reporter covering this from inside Israel is under strict war media censorship by the Israeli government...all part of their well-oiled, but nevertheless criminal, disinformation campaign.
2. The Israeli military has been detaining all Gazan men they come in contact with, which means, most are young men and fathers that got stuck in their homes when the ground invasion started. These dozens of Palestinian detaines will be added to the already 11,000 being held by Israel. The fear now, given Israel's "war" objectives are failing by the day, is that those being detained in Gaza are most likely being tortured in an attempt for the Israeli side to gather quick intelligence as their killing machine steamrolls onward into Gaza. For references on this topic, in general, visit these two Israeli human right orgs: http://www.stoptorture.org.il/en and http://www.btselem.org/English/Beating_and_Abuse/ . Since all media is blacked out in Gaza we can not take a chance, demand that these persons be released and, in the meantime, that the Red Cross be given immediate access to them.
I'll close today with two quotes. First, is the same quote that RASHID KHALIDI closed his NYT article with today:
“The Palestinians must be made to understand in the deepest recesses of their consciousness that they are a defeated people.” - Moshe Yaalon, 2002 Israeli Defense Forces chief of staff
and second, is what my 14-year old daughter Areen changed her messenger nickname to today:
12 nights passed & every Gazan child's lullaby was sang on the rhythm of bombing & shooting. ENOUGH! Isn't a dozen nights ENOUGH?!
I wonder what the diplomats in New York had for lunch today,
Red Cross demands Gaza access, cites 'shocking' discoveries
Gaza Children Found With Mothers’ Corpses
Gaza victims' burns increase concern over phosphorus
Latest OCHA Protection of Civilians Report for this week - special focus on Gaza
[The following link] is the latest OCHA Protection of Civilians Report for this week. It provides an overview and statistics for the week of 1-8 January.
1. Until 4:00PM today, 758 Palestinians have been killed--approximately 42% of whom were women (60) and children (257) according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.
2. The number of children killed grew by 250% since the beginning of ground operation on 3 January.
3. Three Israeli civilians have been killed since 27 December and approximately 50 injured.
4. The number of civilians seeking shelter grew from several hundred to 16,000 this week.
5. The daily average of truckloads that entered Gaza during these last seven days of fighting was three times higher than the daily average of truckloads that entered in the weeks during the weeks that preceded the hostilities (during the period of the Egyptian brokered "calm") —67 truckloads per day compared to 23 truckloads per day in November.
6. There has been extensive destruction and many deaths reported in the Zeitun neighbhood, south of Gaza city. From 3 January until 7 January, the IDF prevented medical teams into the area to evacuate the wounded.
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
Mac House P.O.Box 38712 Jerusalem
Tel:++ 972-2-5829962/5853 Fax:++972-2-5825841 email:email@example.com www.ochaopt.org
This is what I call real action. Hats off to these 8 Canadian Jewish and Israeli women!
CKUT Radio McGill audio from inside Toronto Israeli Consulate: Jewish Women Occupy Israeli Consulate in Toronto
All 3 Op-eds on Gaza in today's NYT are worth reading:
What You Don’t Know About Gaza
By RASHID KHALIDI
The Dominion of the Dead
By ROGER COHEN
The Gaza Boomerang
By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF
Alert Radio (Alert #109, January 8th, 2009)
GAZA: Three extraordinary interviews with Jeff Halper (Jerusalem), Sam Bahour (Ramallah), and Dan Freeman Maloy (Toronto) . Music Is The Weapon features hiphop artist K’Naan.
Sad days when real news can only be found on the comedy shows...
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
January 5, 2009
Israel in Gaza: Irrationality
By Wallace Shawn
An Unnecessary War
By Jimmy Carter
TODAY'S DEMOCRACY NOW!:
* Former Amb. Martin Indyk vs. Author Norman Finkelstein: A Debate on Israel's Assault on Gaza and the US Role in the Conflict *
The Israeli assault on Gaza is entering its thirteenth day. Some 700 Palestinians have been killed, with many thousands more wounded, and a humanitarian crisis is mounting. Ten Israelis have died, four by "friendly fire." A ceasefire has not been reached, and the offensive continues. We host a debate between Martin Indyk, the former US ambassador to Israel and Assistant Secretary of State for Near East Affairs during the Clinton administration, director of the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution and author of, Innocent Abroad: An Intimate Account of American Peace Diplomacy in the Middle East, and Norman Finkelstein, author of several books, including The Holocaust Industry, Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict and Beyond Chutzpah.
Everything about this list:
To unsubscribe, send mail to:
To subscribe, send mail to: